Skip to main content block
:::

About us

  • To know Lujhu

    Part of the township, the Dashe section, was formerly known as "Taburian". Aborigines settled in the Dashe area originally, but when Zheng Chenggong entered Taiwan in the 14th year of Yongli era (1660 AD), he defeated the Dutch, and established the prefectures to suppose a government office with two counties in Taiwan.

    At that time Lujhu Township was under the jurisdiction of Wannien county, the government then converted the Wannien County into Wannien State in the 18th year of Yongli era (1664 AD). The center of region was divided into Wen Xian Village and other 23 villages. Changzhi village and Wei Hsin Village were two of the 24 villages in the reformation that under the area of jurisdiction.

    Taiwan then was ruled under the Qing Dynasty in the 22nd year of Kanxi Period (1683 AD), and converted Cheng-tien-fu into Taiwan-fu of Fujian Province In 1684 (the 23rd year of Kangxi, the Qing Dynasty. ) Taiwan was established as Taiwan Sub-Province governing three counties, Taiwan County, Chu-Lo County, and Feng-Shan County. The local township of Lujhu was governed under Feng-Shan County back then. Revised the Astronomical Events of Taiwan-fu, the historian Kuo Gung-chen named the three main streets An-ping-chien Street, Ban-lujhu Street, and Hsin-lung Street in the 32nd year of Kangxi, the Qing Dynasty (1693 AD). By that was the first time the name of “Lujhu” was coined and to been seen in the history, as well as demonstrated at that time how the Ban-lujhu Street, the halfway bamboo street, prosperous and business booming was.

    The course of change and development

    The Local Taiwan Governing System Reformation Movement was implemented on October 1 1920. The entire Taiwan was divided into Taipei, Hsinchu, Taichung, Tainan, and Kaohsiung states. Under the state set, the new political region system that contained the system of county and city was employed. Under the new system, the “district” was abandon, yet the street and village system was inducted. In this system, the Gansan county government of the Kaohsiung state set the post in the Gansan Village, and commands Gansan Village, Lujhu Village, Alian Village, Hunei Village, and Mituo Village. (The movement was the first time that to rename the village Ban-lujhu, “halfway bamboo” geographic name to Lujhu, “road bamboo.”)

    When the Republic of China won the Sino-Japanese War in 1945 and regained the possession of Taiwan, the government established geographical unit of various villages and towns based on the previous Taiwan Province geographical organization regulations. The system abandoned the original Bao Jia system of the Japanese method, and reinstated the modern street village township neighboring system. Under such system, the original area of jurisdiction divides into 16 villages according to the neighboring system method. The 16 villages included Tzu-wei, Hsia-kung, Chia-nan, Chia-pei, Hsie-tung, Hsie-chung, Hsie-she, Tzu-tung, Tzu-she, Wen-nan, Wen-pei, Hsia-liao, Hou-hsian, Pei-lin, San-yah, Ya-liao. According to the administrative stipulation later in 1950, the government turned over the jurisdiction of Tru-hu village and Ting-liao village, which originally were under the jurisdiction of Hu-nei Township, back to the Lujhu Township. The original Hsia-liao village changed the name to Xinda village on October 1, 1975. Zhunan village was delimited from Zhutung village on October 1, 1985. Later joined the Hsie-nan village, which was delimited from Hsie-she village on October 1, 1989, now the Lujhu Township administrative area of jurisdiction goes on the counts of 20 villages.

▲OPEN ▼CLOSE